A very happy and beautiful EARTH DAY to you! While it’s important to take a day to celebrate the earth and remind ourselves to be good to the planet, it’s even more important that we continue our efforts every day of the year. We strive to do that here at Weleda. Our company is inherently connected to the earth, founded on the belief that our body, soul and spirit are intrinsically linked to our world, and we try to keep that in mind and honor the earth however and whenever we can. We know that we would never be able to bring you such wonderful products if it weren’t for the beauty and power of nature, so it’s especially important to us that we protect and nurture what we’ve been given.
At our North American headquarters in Palisades, NY, we believe that small efforts, on a daily basis, add up. Here are just a few of the things we try and do around the office to lighten our footprint:
- Use air conditioning (and heat) with discretion.
- Recycle cans, bottles, newspapers, magazines, papers and print only when necessary.
- Put our computers to sleep mode when we know we’ll be away for a bit.
- Turn off lights in the restroom, conference room and kitchen when they’re not in use.
- Eat our leftovers, or give them to a colleague.
- Car pool or ride our bikes to and from work (we had five people in a Mini Cooper this a.m!).
- Take our reusable tote bags to the organic market down the street for lunch.
- Eat organic whenever possible and buy fair-trade, organic coffee and tea for the kitchen.
- Use only all-natural, plant-based products from Weleda (but you probably already figured that much!).
Now it’s your turn! Tell us on Facebook what you’re doing to nurture the earth in celebration of Earth Day! One randomly selected winner will receive a year’s supply of Skin Food! Giveaway ends 4/23 at 12:00 p.m. EST. http://www.facebook.com/weleda
Many thanks to our Store & Spa team for posing for a picture (above) in Weleda "Celebrate Earth Day" t-shirts. From left to right: Patricia Pol, our expert esthetician; Janice Ross, skin care specialist; Dena Moskowitz, store and spa manager; and Tom Donahue, customer care representative.