For many of us, the holiday season is the most wonderful time of the year. But it can also be stressful. Shopping. Gift wrapping. Decorating. Cooking. Entertaining. Whew! It’s enough to take the jolly out of anyone’s merry Christmas. With that in mind, we’ve gathered some stress-relief tips to help you during this busy time of year.
1. Take time to relax. Throw on your favorite CD, light some candles and indulge in a bath with Weleda Baby’s Calendula Cream Bath. Think this is only for wee-ones? Think again. The Biodynamic® calendula flower extract soothes and softens your skin and has a calming effect—it will help you feel soothed and relaxed, like a happy baby.
2. Take a few drops of Lavender Relaxing Body Oil and rub them onto your temples. Or put a drop under your nose before you go to bed. Organic lavender oil, picked in the fields in Moldova, will help calm and soothe your entire being. Breathe in the comforting scent of lavender, and moisturize your skin at the same time.
3. Insider tip: A Weleda colleague recently told me she swears by myrrh and frankincense as a natural fragrance around her home. It helps her relax after a busy day and makes her feel calm and quiet. Good to know!
4. For those outdoor-lovers among you: There is nothing that quiets the mind better than a long walk in the park. Nature is our best healer, and access is free! So lace up your sneakers, catch some winter rays, breathe in the fresh, brisk air and forget about the world around you.
5. If you’re tired from extensive holiday shopping, a lavender footbath can help. Your feet will love this! Fill a bowl with hot water, a tablespoon of Epsom salt and add a few drops of our Lavender Relaxing Body Oil. When you’re soaking, gently glide your feet over the marbles to relieve tension.
6. Do your feet need some additional pampering? Try our cooling Foot Balm. Great for weary feet, it revitalizes and nourishes with Biodynamic® calendula and myrrh extracts. Apply after your foot bath, while your feet are still moist, letting the moisturizing properties sink right in.
7. Try yoga. A regular yoga practice will help you relax, concentrate on your body and clear your mind of stressful thoughts and seasonal duties.
8. A relaxing massage can do wonders. Weleda’s Arnica Massage Oil, the preferred choice of thousands of massage therapists worldwide, soothes and warms the skin, and is excellent before or after physical activity.
9. When was the last time you went to the movies by yourself? When the world outside is getting too crazy, take some time off at the movies. Dig into a different world for two hours, and enjoy some time with yourself and a heartfelt romantic comedy.
10. Last but not least: To relieve tension in your head and neck, treat yourself to a relaxing head massage with our Rosemary Hair Oil. Massage the Oil into your scalp and feel the tension melt away, while your strands are nourished and revitalized.
How about you, are the usual holiday stresses getting to you? What is your best tip for relieving stress during the holiday season?