Happy Holidays from your friends at Weleda! With everyone gearing up for the holidays and the New Year, we decided to share with you some of our more—well, “festive” ingredients. The ingredients below fit right in to the holiday spirit.
• Myrrh. Also known as Commiphora myrrha, myrrh is a bitter aromatic gum resin that comes from trees in East Africa and Arabia. It’s well known from old-school remedies to possess anti-inflammatory properties. Myrrh is featured in many Weleda products, including Calendula Toothpaste, Smooth Shave Toner, Wild Rose Smoothing Day Cream and Wild Rose Smoothing Night Cream.
• Mistletoe. This is the main ingredient in Weleda’s complementary cancer therapy, called Iscador. In fact, mistletoe and Iscador were recently featured on the Dr. Oz Show. Watch it here. For more information on mistletoe and its immune-boosting capabilities, check out the Iscador section of Weleda’s website here.
• Rosemary. Rosemary is an evergreen shrub native to the Mediterranean region. While Rosemary is one of the most popular herbs used during the holiday season, many of us don’t realize its wonderful healing properties. Rosemary is known to stimulate circulation and metabolism, as well as treat poorly healing wounds. Rosemary is found in many Weleda products, such as Rosemary Hair Oil, Birch Body Scrub, Birch Cellulite Oil and Skin Food.
• Peppermint. Officially called Mentha piperita, we all know and love peppermint for its aromatic and cooling flavor, especially when it comes to holiday treats like candy canes and peppermints! But the essential oils in this plant are also known for their refreshing, cooling, anti-bacterial and anti-irritant properties. Peppermint can be found in Weleda toothpastes, including our Plant Gel, Ratanhia and Salt versions. It will keep your breath fresh, no matter how many crab cake holiday hors’deouvers come your way.
• Pomegranate. Native to the Middle East, the pomegranate is an ancient fruit that has symbolized power, life and fertility—it also symbolizes the holidays! Most people are only aware of the tarty taste of the pomegranate’s juicy red seeds; however, pomegranate seeds are also filled with beneficial punicic acid and have strong antioxidant properties that help promote cell renewal and regeneration. Pomegranate can be found in several of Weleda’s products, such as Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil and Pomegranate Firming Day Cream.
So if you’re getting ready for the holidays and are looking for more ways to celebrate the holiday spirit, try some of Weleda’s products that are made with festive ingredients! Warmest wishes and have a happy New Year!
What’s your favorite holiday-appropriate ingredient? Let us know!